It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stop Messing with My Broccoli

I have really been wanting to write a post about food.

Since I am not a foodie or a cook I knew it would be a hard sell.  I cook food of course, just not very well. Today while I was preparing another nondescript meal for my wonderful family of tolerant and non fussy eaters I arrived at the last straw place - or maybe it was an AHA moment - my Oprah and Dr. Phil wires are crossed. What ever the term is for the place I reached I got there when I realized that I am being gypped out of perfectly mediocre food to feed my wonderful tolerant family of non fussy eaters

I am starting to notice that for the same price I am getting less food!

Yes, it's true. My package of Keebler Cookies has less elves!

My box of Store Brand (shh - don't tell the kids) Granola bars, while having the same number of bars and touting only 90 calories per serving, is really only 90 calories because the bars are smaller!

My box of Family Size Mac N Cheese no longer feeds my family! Well this could be because two members of my family are teenage boys who eat EVERYTHING, but still!

And now today my package of frozen, microwave in the bag, broccoli has less florets!

As Charlie Brown would say, AAUGH.

I guess the upside is with this less food epidemic I can probably, finally, loose weight since I will be eating less, well, food.

But of course, so far, that's the one thing I haven't seen any less of - go figure!
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment