It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Friday, October 26, 2012

Counting the Years

Today, October 26th is our wedding anniversary. It is also marks one full year of writing this blog.

This blog would have never happened without my husband. He suggested I take a "Gap Year" which allowed me the time to find my passion for writing. He was the main character in my first post. He continues to encourage me to write.

Here is what I have written for him to mark the years he has put up with me.

Counting the Years

As we count year after year
The many smiles and an occasional tear
The times we felt that things were in serious tatters
It's what lies deep in our hearts that really matters

We have experienced a lot and have more to still learn
That constant smile in your eyes still makes my heart yearn
We have found a way to rise above
At the very core is great respect and love

We have so much and we have made it so far
We never forget just how lucky we are
To have all that we have there is no disguise
We both know we've been given the ultimate prize

We are the fabulous five it's true and it's real
Our family is our passion it's just how we feel
It's a life on the go and it's crazy sometimes
But really we know these are the best of times

We would do it all again in a minute no doubt
You hold in your heart what I can't live without
These past 21 years have been special you see
I can see now so clearly what real love can be

Happy Anniversary!
Magda


No comments:

Post a Comment