It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Friday, July 6, 2012

Give Up and Live

I am a serial horoscope reader and lover of inspirational quotes. There I said it. Both of these things give me pleasure and ground me in a weird sort of way. I find myself cutting out the really accurate horoscopes and I have books full of quotes. Why? Good question. I have no idea really. It's a habit that makes me feel better and gives me cause to think.

I want to share with you all a website I have found, www.purposefairy.com
I found this where all information is shared these days, Facebook (written with a tad bit of truthful sarcasm)
Here is one of their recent posts:

Give Up and Live
Give Up the Need to Impress Others
Give Up On Your Fears
Give Up Your Self-Defeating Talk
Give Up the Past
Give Up Living Your Life to Other Peoples Expectations
Give Up Complaining
Give Up Your Resistance to Change
Give Up the Luxury of Criticism
Give Up Labels
Give Up Your Limiting Beliefs

I think all of us have our own list of things to Give Up - those things that just don't work for us anymore. It's a good practice to take time and cleanse ourselves every now and then. I liken it to a 3-5 year business plan, it's always good to renegotiate things in business - Taking this practice into our personal lives gives us the opportunity to keep moving forward with a fresh attitude and a plan for leaving the dead weight behind.

It's liberating
Magda


No comments:

Post a Comment