It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Friday, August 24, 2012

Best Friends


Recently I have been lucky enough to spend time with close friends.

This picture sums up how I feel about our time together.

I hope everyone has someone in their lives they can call a friend. Someone who they can openly talk to knowing that they are not being judged and what they say stays in the "vault". Too often we find ourselves in situations where insincerity reigns. I am learning how to choose to walk away from these unhealthy environments.

Time with true friends is precious. Being your own true friend increases the chance to have more sincere and positive experiences. We are the ones who  hold our own best interests front and center, us and our other best friends.

"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing, said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Magda


No comments:

Post a Comment