It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Sunday, July 2, 2017

Good News

With all the negative stuff out in the world today my mind seems to spin from the unnecessariness of it all. Mind you this is not a political statement. Although it is virtually impossible to not be affected by the bantor from our leaders around the world.

What the heck is going on? Does anyone have an answer? How can we correct the wrongs? Fix what seems to be broken? Get back to some sense of civility? How will future generations be affected? These are the questions that turn around inside my head, over and over, and over again.

For self preservation I find myself looking to the simpler things, the kinder words, the things that are tangibly and inherently positive. This has lead me to listen to more music, not realizing that was even possible, and maybe a little less NPR. Just a little less as my need to stay informed is still strong.

Music has lifted my spirits and given me continued hope. This morning I heard this song and was compelled to share it. Guess I just needed to hear some "Good News."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9ODx2_Vqk

Find whatever keeps you in a positive place. Hopeful that we shall overcome.
Let freedom ring,
Magda


No comments:

Post a Comment