It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Sunday, November 17, 2013

Time

Passing of time. For the first time in four months I am returning to writing.

During the period of time since I last visited this blog time has gotten away from me.  Life has been on an accelerated pace and there has not been enough time in the day to do all the things that needed to get done. My guess is everyone has felt this way at one time or another in their lives.

During the period of time since I last visited this blog I have moved, renovated a house, travelled back to Poland for a visit, started a full time job as a second grade teacher, helped (well tried to at least) my son apply to college, fed hungry swimmers, and tried to remember to feed my own family.

During the period of time since I last visited this blog I have barely had enough time to keep up with friends, remember important dates, get any exercise, watch tv, read a book, feed my family, write, you probably get the picture...

During the period of time since I last visited this blog I have read about a friend who chose to have preventative double mastectomy surgery because she was afraid she wouldn't have the gift of time. I read about how a brave mother who lost her entire family in a fire found a way to move forward, probably wishing to go back in time. I have looked at my own senior in high school son while on a college visit and wondered "Where has the time gone?"

During this time of year as people in our country prepare to give thanks and people around the world prepare to spend time with loved ones, friends, and family all hoping to have a good time I am hoping to remember to be thankful for the gift of time. I may not always use it wisely or remember to be present as it passes me by but at least for the time being I have it and am hoping to have more of it.

Time like love is a gift. Embrace it. Remember it. Be mindful of how it is used. Catch it when it gets away and enjoy it!

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment