It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Friday, June 1, 2012

Recharging


In daily life a person spends time recharging things. Recharging their cell phone, computer, IPad, camera batteries, etc., we even have the ability to recharge cars. How much time does the average person spend recharging themselves? Aren't we more valuable than our phones?

Daily life demands so much of our electronics that we sit them at bay for a period of time so they can reboot. Shouldn't we do the same for ourselves? As adults we demand so much of ourselves and our lives demand so much from us that we should take the time, daily, to recharge. It seems obvious that this would be ingrained in every person and we shouldn't feel guilty.

For most school aged kids summer is their time to recharge. It is their time to relax and switch gears from the grueling schedule of school and activities. Summer routines hopefully slow down the frenetic pace of life, or at least switch things up a bit. I think this is one of the reasons I chose to become a teacher. It's not all about shaping young minds...if I were being totally honest it's also about the schedule.

But it doesn't seem quite right to have to wait until the summer to recharge. If we make the time daily then summer, or vacations, would be bonus recharging time rather than a complete replacement of one’s batteries. Anything or anyone will burn out from overuse. I would rather learn to take it easy, recharge every day, and hope to make it past my warranty.

Magda 

No comments:

Post a Comment