It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Friday, October 28, 2011

Who You Are in Six Words – or Make it Two

The latest Facebook challenge: Write a description of yourself/your life in 6 words.  Not being one to walk away from a Facebook challenge (thinking of all the quizzes I have taken for example "which Scooby Doo character are you?) I thought I was up for the task. After some thought all I could come up with was “I Do” and to make it 6 words I wrote it 2 more times. 
What power those two words hold.  Not just the obvious nuptial promise of “in sickness and in health”, etc., but really these two words describe me to a T.  I am confident anyone who knows me will heartily agree.  
I have a new challenge – Write a description of you in two words.
This about sums up who I am and my life: I DO
I do love my family and friends.
I do the laundry.
I do the grocery shopping.
I do too much.
I do too little.
I do laugh.
I do cry.
I do love.
I do (try not to) hate.
I do believe in God.
I do go to church.
I do like to eat and drink.
I do need to lose weight.
I do love the beach.
I do get in fights with my sisters.
I do know how to apologize.
I do make mistakes.
I do (try to) learn from my mistakes.
I do my best.
I do love music.
I do miss my father.
I do hope.
I do wish for world peace.
I do try to be a better person.
I do know this list is endless.
I do know when to stop.

I do know the meaning of gratitude.
I do get the picture.
Do you?



Thanks for reading!
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment