It Happened Today

“Don't wish me happiness
I don't expect to be happy all the time...
It's gotten beyond that somehow.
Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor.
I will need them all.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea


Sunday, December 8, 2013

Greatness: It's Within Us All

There are leaders and then there are people who change the course of history for an entire nation. Heard this today on CBS Sunday Morning, "Nelson Mandela is the George Washington for the people of South Africa. He is the founder of their country." This statement took my breath away. Why this statement? Possibly because of the magnitude of it.

The lessons learned from the life of Nelson Mandela are too plentiful to sum up. Hopefully his life story has touched everyone in some way.

Raising children who are about to embark on their own journeys and strike their own paths has made the following most significant. These words are very powerful.

Let is all remember Greatness is within us all.

I found this posted on Facebook by The Purpose Fairy. Want to give credit where credit is due:  http://www.purposefairy.com

Peace.
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment